This will probably be the most requested recipe on board this summer !!
100g Agen prunes, pitted
60g caster sugar
7 egg whites
30g plain flour
1 vanilla pod
2 egg yolks
- Combine prunes & armagnac soak overnight, drain, discard liquid and purée to a paste.
- combine flour, sugar, butter, vanilla seeds & milk in sauce bring to boil stirring constantly, turn down to simmer & cook out for 5 to 7 minutes until thick, remove from heat & whisk in egg yolks, leave to cool.
- whisk eggs whites, when they start to thicken add sugar slowly, whisk to stiff peaks.
- put soufflé base into large bowl & beat in prune purée, fold in one third of egg whites to loosen mix & then fold in the remaining egg whites in 2 stages carefully.
- butter & sugar 5 soufflé dishes, divide the mix between the dishes, level with palette knife, bake at 190 centigrade, 10 to 12 minutes until golden on top.